2011 May 21 Saturday
Obama Says "I" 35 Times In Speech
Drudge is pointing to a speech Barack Obama gave at CIA headquarters where he said "I" 35 times. (a speech supposedly about the accomplishments of others) Click thru and you can see under Obama's part of that page 7 my's, 2 me's, and, yes, 35 I's.
It is all about Barry.
Here is a very well designed website that gives a lot of information about the Narcissistic Personality Disorder. At this website there are also a lot of references and links to other sites.
Here is another very informative website about Narcissism:
But according to the main manual of psychiatry that is used by American psychologists (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual IV), the following 9 criteria are used to diagnose Narcissism. If 5 or more of these criteria are met, then diagnosis can often be be made, not all 9 of these criteria must be present to diagnose Narcissism.
Narcissistic DSM IV Criteria
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
(4) requires excessive admiration
(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Yeah, I've noticed a pattern here. When Obama gives speeches to his standard audiences, he says 'we'. We did this, We need to do that.
When Obama gives speeches to a military audience, he says 'I'. I decided this. I'm going to do that. For instance, the same was true for his Libya speech.
I think its completely conscious and intentional. In his role as Commander in Chief the President is alpha male over a strict hierarchy. Therefore he speaks with strong language that asserts his primacy and reminds everyone of his role as boss (and not just leader).
Yeap, Narcissism is always a very marked trait in practically every president the U.S. and also in most of the conutry's citizens. Maybe that's why Superman has rejected the American citizenship...
Once again, I rest my case.
To learn more about this dissorder, read Erich Fromm's "The Heart of Man". It's a beautifully written piece of academic work.